Wherever alcohol is sold, served or consumed, TIPS training offers concrete benefits for your establishment, staff and community.
As part of a community-wide effort to provide the best training and services for you and your employees, we invite you to participate in TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures). TIPS is the industry leader in alcohol server training and now offers the best online training available to the hospitality industry!
TIPS gives individuals the knowledge and confidence they need to spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors, recognize signs of intoxication, intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies and handle refusal scenarios with greater certainty.
Now available online, eTIPS training is a self-paced, innovative approach to alcohol server training. The course allows participants to obtain the training anywhere, anytime!
- Reduce exposure to alcohol liability lawsuits
- Lower insurance premiums
- Improve customer service and satisfaction
- Minimize property damage caused by intoxicated patrons
- Protect your bottom line by reducing penalties for alcohol violations
- Legal Protection – In third-party liquor liability lawsuits, TIPS provides a “reasonable efforts defense”
- Help workers avoid serving alcohol to minors
- Staff Professionalism – TIPS training enhances the skills of your employees who in turn offer improved service to your customers
- Reduce human tragedy resulting from drunkenness and drunk driving
- Enhanced Community Standing – TIPS leads the way in framing the debate about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness
Staff at BRiDGES are certified to train both RST and TIPS for on-premise (bars, restaurants, etc), off-premise (liquor or retail stores) and University (Resident Advisors, Resident Directors, etc.) These are designed to impact the environment by educating those who are selling and/or serving alcohol about the New York State laws that prohibit alcohol sales to minors and obviously intoxicated persons, to prevent the laws from being violated. The trainings increase awareness of the effects of alcohol on the brain, intoxication rate factors, tolerance and BAC, and provide intervention strategies, including checking IDs.
At the completion of TIPS training, participants take a multiple choice exam. Individuals who pass the exam receive a certification card, which is valid for 3 years. Trainings can be scheduled on-site with a BRiDGES employee trainer, or you can take the course online with the new eTIPS training options. Trainings are available, at a nominal cost, on a regular basis for establishments or organizations that sell or serve alcohol to the public. Call BRiDGES at 315 697-3947 for information on classes available in Madison County.
We believe better employee training can help reduce the number of alcohol related emergency room visits, police incidents, and emergency response requests in our community. Please join with us in our effort to keep Madison County a safe and healthy community!